Monday, March 3, 2008

The view from my apartment...

So, as I mentioned before, I now live in Baltimore. Now, bear with me here: I have been working for Big Huge Games for more than a year now, and they are in the suburbs of Baltimore, yet, I was LIVING in New York State, that's where my house and my wife were. I had been a contractor for Big Huge up until this past September, whenI agreed to come on full time.

During this time, I was working from home every other week, and the weeks I was in Baltimore, I rented a room from an old lady in a neighborhood close to the Big Huge offices.

Last month, my wife moved down here and we got an apartment together (what a crazy concept, living with my wife! Fancy that!). The apartment we are renting is on the 14th floor of a building in downtown Baltimore, in a neighborhood called Mount Vernon. Baltimore was never a place I thought I would live, especially having grown up in the Northern Virginia suburbs, where most people consider Baltimore to be barely better than Chernobyl.
But it turns out, I kinda like it here!

Now, I ain't sayin it's all wine and roses. Two people did get shot a few days ago in a road-rage incident the next neighborhood over. But I have to admit, Baltimore is a city with a lot to offer, and so far, the wife and I are enjoying ourselves, and looking forward to the day when our house in New York finally sells so that we can start looking for a real home here (anybody wanna buy a lovely cape-style house in the heart of the Hudson Valley with shining wood floors, a double lot, and a 2 car garage?), but until then, I will stare out my window onto this creepy, but cool old church tower.

No comments: