Sunday, November 22, 2009

My first Sketchcrawl!!!

So, today I participated (nay, organized) my first sketchcrawl here in Baltimore. Check out www.sketchcrawl.com for more info, but basically it's a world-wide event where people gather together in their respective cities and draw urban scenes then upload them to the sketchcrawl site. We had about 7 people, which was cool. Still trying to get the thread opened up on the official site so that everyone can upload their images, but below you will find the two sketches I did (fingers were getting numb from the cold after 2 hours, so next time we will have to work with more direct sunlight if it occurs during the winter months).

Below those are some pages from the old sketchbook.
















5 comments:

Ben Greene said...

Yeah, that was a blast. Wish I could have gotten there sooner. You know that all in one scanner/printer I was bragging about getting for 5 bucks? Well the scanner suck, haha. I hadn't noticed till I scanned in my sketches. It takes line work well enough but it couldn't handle to subtle changes in the markers I was using.

Your sketches came out great. Love the cathedral. And, um, on the people watching page from your old sketchbook...what wyrm at the bottom must be able to clear a crowded Metro something fierce!

Danny Araya said...

your stuff came out really good man, I had a great time. I'll try to upload as soon as I get access to a scanner somehow.

marctaro said...

hey! good to see crawling from the BMore - you've captured the dark wormy underbelly of your town :) I do like the perspective on that cathedral!

Jared Fiorino said...

Just discovered your blog. You have some really great stuff!

Unknown said...

Awesome sketches!!